Pasta Making Workshop
The Pasta Making workshop is suitable for all those who are interested in learning how to make pasta from scratch and array of mouthwatering sauces.
You can attend as a beginner, or as a practicing chef to polish your skills and learn from an expert!
KNOW. the PRO
Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni
A chef consultant, specialized in Italian cooking, fresh and dry pasta production and artfully plating and photographing social media-worthy dishes.
He is the managing chef for Barilla America, and has traveled all over Italy. Learning from Chef Angelo Paracucchi at a Michelin star restaurant, cooking at the Hotel Palace, Casanova grill – a 5 star deluxe hotel in Milan with Chef Sergio Mei, the Ristorante Tentativo in Rome and the Ristorante Pappagallo in Bologna, to name a few.
WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO KNOW. ..
Day 1 Pasta 101
- How to cook dry semolina pasta successfully for traditional hot pasta, pasta salads, baked dishes
- Production of 3 sauces from three different regions of Italy (creamy mushroom, lamb ragout, puttanesca).
- Tips for beautiful plating
- Tips for social media worthy pictures
Day 2 Non-filled Handmade Pasta
- The different dough recipes needed
- Tagliatelle with creamy Parmigiano and black pepper
- Spaghetti alla chitarra spicy tomato, oregano and capers
- Potato gnocchi with tomato and basil
Day 3 Filled Handmade Pasta
- The different dough recipes and fillings
- Green spinach Tortelli, butter, Parmigiano
- Pumpkin Cappellacci, butter, amaretti , Parmigiano
- Ricotta and Swiss chard ravioli tomato, basil and olive oil