The 3-day Food Style Workshop
This Food Styling Workshop is suitable for all those who are interested in learning how to design beautiful looking plates.
You can attend as a beginner, or as a practicing food stylist to polish your skills and learn from an expert!
KNOW. the PRO
Seasoned food professional, Denise Vivaldo
Styled food for The Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,
Guest on The Food Network, Home & Garden Network,
Catered for George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Prince Charles,
Also the author of many event catering and food styling books...
WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO KNOW..
Day 1 Intro to Food Styling;
- The career of a food stylist
- Styling for yourself vs. commercial food styling
- The difference between preparing food for photography, television or the internet
- Creating gourmet sandwiches or hamburgers versus home-style
- Layering fillings for visual interest
- Drips and oozes
- Garnishes and sides
Day 2 Food Styling Techniques I
- Getting food ready to photograph
- Perfect prep and food suspension
- Cooking and holding foods
- Materials for coloring foods: natural and unnatural
- Plating whole roasted chicken and using garnishes for gourmet look vs. home-style casual
- Plating pasta and using sauces for gourmet look vs. home-style casual
Day 3 Food Styling Techniques II
- Using fake ice cream
- Creating high-end gourmet ice cream sundae vs. a home-style casual sundae
- Plating desserts, fixing blemishes and adjusting colors
- Using different sauces, garnishes and additions like cookies
This 3 day workshop teaches food professionals and enthusiasts how to creating photograph-worthy plates to better showcase food for gourmet serving and personal home style.
Get professional tips and tricks to make food styling a career from one of the most experienced names in the business!