Speciality Coffee Association
4-day Barista Skills Certification
The Speciality Coffee Association Barista Skills Certification is suitable for all those who are interested in coffee.
You can attend as a beginner, or as a practicing barista to polish your skills and get certified!
KNOW. the PRO
Founder & Managing Director of Coffee Laboratory. Alin Giriad
He is the Education Coordinator of the Irish Speciality Coffee Association, one of the judges for the Irish Barista Competition, Irish Latte art Competition and Irish Brewers Cup.
He has also worked for some of most important companies in the coffee industry and trained more than 2500 individuals.
WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO KNOW. ...
Day 1 Introduction to coffee
- Origin and history of coffee
- Coffee plant taxonomy & processes
- Growing regions
- The impact of roasting on the taste of coffee
- Brewing methods: aeropress, syphon, chemex
Day 2 SCA Barista Skills Foundation
- Main parts of the espresso machine & grinder
- The traditional Italian espresso
- The Australian espresso
- The British method
- Espresso troubleshooting
- Milk steaming
- How to pour a heart
Day 3 SCA Barista Skills Foundation
- How to pour a tulip
- How to prepare a latte
- How to prepare a cappuccino
- Customer service & the barista roles
Day 4 SCA Exams
The Specialty Coffee Association's Certification Exams for Introduction to Coffee and Barista Skills Foundation.
- A Written Exam (the trainer will go over the information before the exam).
- A Practical Exam (the exam will test the participant's understanding of how to prepare decent cups of espresso and beautiful cups of cappuccino).